OME vs Ironman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The set I got and then installed on 501s are still in the 22.75 range
BUT,...........I did do something different than anyone else has

On the Ironman front "shocks" you can install strut spring rings, on a 350 lb spring it will add 175 lb of force . Install under the spring and the bottom plate of the shock Of course then top plates and 3/8 inch clevis

Sorry to thread jack but do you remember what size you used? There are 3 different sizes listed on JBA. I was thinking the 15mm would be good to get another inch of lift to level mine out.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trim packers or the spring ring only adjust preload on the spring, by compressing the spring more inside the same space, adding to how much your springs carry before being compressed more.

No real height to be gained unless your lugging around steel or a winch on your bumper or you have some weird driverside lean where you would install one on that side only. If their preloaded to much for the weight your carrying it just as well to use 2x4's.

More lift is from the top plates and clevis spacer.

Last edited:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I see. I've never dealth with spring spacers before, so I have no clue. I just assumed by Tom's post that they would give additional lift.

stev0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very happy with my OME. Not crazy high, but very comfortable and the ride quality is better than stock.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images