ome/rancho install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put my strut/spring together and noticed there is a slight bend in the coil and the strut does not appear to be dead center throught the middle, very close though. Everthing is tight and seems to be correct. Does this sound funky or will they settle in nicely. The passenger side was the same way but I already intalled on the kj, hope this is normal.

FYI - I also have daystar strut plates and the isolators dont sit flat because the bolt heads (got lazy, figured it will flatten out)? Also, I had to get new lower spring isolators. I was told the isolators differ from the top and bottom, but mine look the same. Did they send me the wrong ones???

Attachments

• DSCN2925.jpg
    DSCN2925.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN2926.jpg
    DSCN2926.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2927.jpg
    DSCN2927.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN2929.jpg
    DSCN2929.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 33

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely its due to using the Daystar top plate and the stock iso's it should find it's way to settling in after a few miles
The Daystar spacers and also the Frankenlift spacers have molded areas for the bolt heads to sit, stock plates do not, hence the issue with not sitting flush

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the snappy replies.:) So, now I need to install on drivers side but first, I cant get the rear UCA bolt loose to install my JBA 4.5's.:mad: Any tricks I can use to get this done????

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patience and perseverance. That's about all the advice I can give. When I installed my UCAs the driver's side rear bolt was the most not fun I've ever had. Between no place to put a wrench, the heat shield on the exhaust and the steering column in the way, I'd say that 1 bolt took as long as all the other 3 combined. Stay at it.:)

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got it done! Looks real nice under their now. Sits about 1/2" higher than the daystar 2.5". I think they are going to settle in real nice.:D:D:D:D:D

whats she measure from the center of the wheel to the fender?