OME Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all will I need to replace on the OME lift?

coils
rear shocks, what do you recommend?
front struts? which ones are good? and not really expensive?

How much lift will I get by doing this? I have a Pre-Lowered '02 if it matters

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If $$ is a factor,rear shocks get Rancho's that are made for a unlifted Durango(can't off hand remember the part#),front struts also get the Rancho's,again offhand I don't remember the part# but it is specific for a KJ(17505 I believe).The front struts cost me $75 each and the rear shocks ran $50 each from 4wheelparts.

As for how much lift you will get,since you are pre-lowered you will get about 1",the OME lift did not come around untill the KJ was lowered and give the lowered KJ's 1 1/2" lift(advertized at 40mm).

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or would i just be better off to get Rustys 2.5 coil? im wanting about 2" i dont want to spend $400 and only get 1 inch!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or would i just be better off to get Rustys 2.5 coil? im wanting about 2" i dont want to spend $400 and only get 1 inch!
You can do a 3/8"-1/2" clevis lift(3/4"-1" extra lift) to gain some more,then you can add 1 or 2 extra rear upper isolaters(1/2" lift each) to level the back out.

As far as Rusty's lift,do you plan on adding a aftermarket front bumber or winch? If yes stay away from the Rusty's lift,the springs are only rated at 300lbs and will sag bad compared to the 400lbs rated OME HD coils.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Use the OMEs along with a clevis and get as much or almost as much lift as Rustys PLUS OMEs are way better! Rancho rear shocks are RSX 17004, fronts are RSX 17505

Tom

Latest posts

Members online