okay speakers, amp sub for under 500???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reading clyde frog's thread got me wondering (and i didnt want to hijack her thread) about upgrading my system, i got an aftermarket HU, that i like a lot, sounds good with the stock speakers, 52x4 sony xplod, I'm not looking for a massive setup, what i basically want is a system that will give me some good CLEAN bass, not something that will rattle my tailgate, im 35 now not 18 so ive grown out of that stage.

I know nothing about stereo systems, so some pointers maybe links to what i would need would be great, oh and i would like to keep it around 500 or less if thats possible.

Thx

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I picked up a $40 amp used on ebay. See sig. for model. I had a Kappa Perfect 10" from years back and made a nice little .6cu ft sealed enclosure.

I like it - plenty of boom for me, and I only have it up a little past halfway, so I am not even working the amp/sub. With proper HU tuning, the OEM speakers sound respectible - could be better, but not worth the $$$ investment to upgrade, IMO.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Infinity BassLink. I installed one with the rest of the speakers still stock. Adds just the right amount of Bass. Easy to install. Amp built in to the sub enclosure. And you can find them for a very reasonable price. I got mine used locally in craigslist for only $40.

You must be registered for see images attach