OK, Who Got Their First Snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a slight dusty the other day. But I expect a lot of snow this winter. Why? Because I'll be shuttling my mother back and forth to her rehab center three times a week once she comes home the nursing home. And that should be in December. The snow will be the easy part. Getting her in and out of the Jeep is going to be the hard part.

Her injury was a fracture left hip. They did a partial hip replacement that took three operations before they finally got it right and clear of infections. But she's a tough old board!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a dusting here too. Hoping for more soon though. I'm dying to dig out the snowboard.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Drew. Glad to hear that you mother is recovering well. Missed you at Jeep Dawg's bbq.

We havn't had any snow where I am yet but they had a couple of storms in the mountains already. You can tell who has been up there because they have snow and ice and road salt all over their vehicles. So far here it tried a couple of times but didn't stick.

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had a few dustings, an inch here, an inch there, enough to make the drive home a pain in the butt (It's just snow, people!!!)

Some areas of Western Ontario, just a couple of hours west of me have had over 30 inches... I was watching it on the news and wishing I was there!!!

You must be registered for see images

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a dusting at around 1 inch on Saturday night down on Long Island. I took the jeep out to play a little bit since I just re-mounted the 17" Blizzak's and man it was fun! I love snow tires :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got 2" last night. The Weatherman was telling us this morning that it will melt today.... but it didn't..........so I had to shovel the white stuff.

So tonight he is now saying that we have a "big storm" coming tomorrow night and Thursday and has his weather map all covered with "whiteout".. I think he is hanging out with "Cheech and Chong" in between forecasts or something. I will wait until tomorrow night and see what happens. Think I'll change the channel and listen to a different weatherman tonight.....haha

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the good sense to drive from Toronto to Montreal yesterday... was fine until I got close to the Quebec border, then ever-increasing amounts of snow on the ground.

I think it took me 2 hours to go the last 16 miles into downtown. By this morning we've got around 8 inches of snow on the ground.

But it looks the sun is coming out for the drive home! :)

Now, don't hate me, I wasn't actually driving the Liberty... but my Mazda 6 with snow tires did just fine :cool:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the good sense to drive from Toronto to Montreal yesterday... was fine until I got close to the Quebec border, then ever-increasing amounts of snow on the ground.

I think it took me 2 hours to go the last 16 miles into downtown. By this morning we've got around 8 inches of snow on the ground.

But it looks the sun is coming out for the drive home! :)

Now, don't hate me, I wasn't actually driving the Liberty... but my Mazda 6 with snow tires did just fine :cool:

.....eh.......boooooooooooo...:D

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....eh.......boooooooooooo...:D

Yep, figgered I'd get razzed for that... ;)

I had to go put two wheels into the pile at the side of the road on a narrow side street today to avoid a truck that wasn't planning on moving over, when my forward motion came to a grinding halt. I was wishing I had that extra lever to pull!

I backed up a couple of feet and managed to get it moving again though.

Plus, the reason I didn't take the Jeep is the wife wanted it in case it snowed at home, okay? :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, figgered I'd get razzed for that... ;)

I had to go put two wheels into the pile at the side of the road on a narrow side street today to avoid a truck that wasn't planning on moving over, when my forward motion came to a grinding halt. I was wishing I had that extra lever to pull!

I backed up a couple of feet and managed to get it moving again though.

Plus, the reason I didn't take the Jeep is the wife wanted it in case it snowed at home, okay? :)

Somebody had to tease you...

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're right in the middle of snow and now freezing rain and it is bad out there. So tomorrow will be a real mess.

Dave

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold Spring

The Jeep . . . .

The Neighbor . . . .

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I had to go to the new Menard's to buy stuff. On the way home I
had to go pass the old Menard's building(in front of sub-division). There to my
excitement was in excess of 2 acres of 6" virgin snow! Needless to say dropped into 4wh and spent 15 minutes doing doughnuts in the parking lot like a kid 1/4 my age.
No police bothered me, just had to watch for darkened light pillars. Don't need
any dents. Told my wife about it , she said "what are you, 10?" I said "sometimes!"

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The lower mainland of Vancouver got dumped on with 35 cm (a little over 1 foot) over night and we looking at another 6-8 cm (2-3 inches) more on Wednesday!
It was a real joy getting out of the driveway.
This will be the first time since 1971 that all of Canada will have a white Christmas.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Wednesday early morning (12:54 am)and just a little bit of snow starting too fall once again. I haven't even been behind the steering wheel yet too play! :(
Instead I've been teaching Jennifer how to drive in the snow with a rear wheel drive/4X4 and a little slide ways action. She's a quick learner and she's really getting a kick out of mastering control of our KJ! :cool:
She's looking at different tires!