oil light came on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to buy my kj i test drove one and the oil light came on while we were driving. So we took it back to the dealer and they looked at it and said it was the sensor changed it and the oil and said it was good. Took it out again, made it to the interestate this time before it came on, but when it did, it made some nice noises and then the KJ just stopped... They had to come pick me up. It ended up being the oil pump, but i didn't care, bought another KJ from another dealership.

That's what happened to my dad's old diesel truck a few years ago. His fuel pump failed and the whole engine seized up. He just bought a new ****** for it too. He Sold it off for parts.

My oil light indicator never came on today. Could it be the trick the dealer told me worked? Either way i will get a pressure guage and test it.

Wow, 222 posts! Perfect number! Should I post again and break it? :D

Last edited:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was doing it again today so I called the dealer and they said it could be that when i got my oil changed last at quicklube they never cleared the oil change interval. She had me turn the key to the 'on' position and stomp the gas pedal 5 times to clear it. I haven't seen the light come on since so hopefully that was it. She said the oil light is simply there to tell you when to change your oil. I thought it was an oil pressure sensor light.

i didnt know that had to be done. ive never done this to mine and never have seen the oil light.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 222, that was great. too bad it wasn't a slot machine. Should get a prize or something. Hello SAE conversion!:D

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to buy my kj i test drove one and the oil light came on while we were driving. So we took it back to the dealer and they looked at it and said it was the sensor changed it and the oil and said it was good. Took it out again, made it to the interestate this time before it came on, but when it did, it made some nice noises and then the KJ just stopped... They had to come pick me up. It ended up being the oil pump, but i didn't care, bought another KJ from another dealership.

haha, thats awesome. I would of loved to of seen their faces when you called them and told them it locked up. :eek:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say my oil light still hasn't come on but last week spring retreated and its been cold with 20 cm of snow so i have not tested the oil pressure.