Oil fumes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Phelps

Reaction score
I’m not leaking or burning oil but every time I stop I get oil fumes in the car. ‘02 KJ with a good exhaust system, it was replaced 18 months ago. The fumes started about a month ago. Could this be an emission issue?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the time it's a valve cover leak hitting manifold on passenger side. Still check both sides.
Easy way to test, take a white paper towel & wrap it around the bottom/ back side of valve covers, & see if the paper towel now has oil on it.

Mike Phelps

Reaction score
Most of the time it's a valve cover leak hitting manifold on passenger side. Still check both sides.
Easy way to test, take a white paper towel & wrap it around the bottom/ back side of valve covers, & see if the paper towel now has oil on it.
Thanks, that’s probably the one spot I haven’t looked yet. No drips on the floor so far…

Mike Phelps

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll get a look there soon. I’m near the end of my basketball season and will have my nights back next week.

Latest posts

Members online