Oil Filter Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil Filter relocate

I relocated mine (have an 06 CRD). I used the Amsoil BKM-13 spin on bypass kit. it was fairly easy to install. I found room for it between the battery and the ESP unit. Tho i had to re-route a wire harnes under the battery holder to fit it all in there. It works great. Oil pressure holds between 30psi ~ 75psi(measured from the bypass filter). Im thinking about just putting the skid over the whole thing now (bottom side) b/c i dont have to get under the car for the oil change anymore.

Use a oil extractor to suck out oil from dipstick when doing a change, filters spin on and off right in the upper engine compartment. I have pictures but have had trouble posting them on the site.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I relocated mine (have an 06 CRD). I used the Amsoil BKM-13 spin on bypass kit. it was fairly easy to install. I found room for it between the battery and the ESP unit. Tho i had to re-route a wire harnes under the battery holder to fit it all in there. It works great. Oil pressure holds between 30psi ~ 75psi(measured from the bypass filter). Im thinking about just putting the skid over the whole thing now (bottom side) b/c i dont have to get under the car for the oil change anymore.

Use a oil extractor to suck out oil from dipstick when doing a change, filters spin on and off right in the upper engine compartment. I have pictures but have had trouble posting them on the site.

Would you mind emailing pics to hotrodoil.com @ verizon.net (no spaces)? I would love to see how it came out.