Oil change costs? How much do you pay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious how much $$ people are paying for their oil changes. How much is a complete oil service for your vehicles (Jeep & non-Jeep)? I am interested in hearing from those that change it themselves And those that take it to a dealer or shop.

Please note what kind of oil you use and how often (miles or months) you have it changed.

Thanks for any info.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$7.95--WalMart oil and filter every 5000 miles.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
23 bucks mobile 1 (6 quarts), buy it at sams club. (6th oil change is a freebie)
10 filter

33 bucks every 5000 miles.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around $43.00..............
$30.00 -2 Gallons of Shell Rotella synthetic at 14.98 a gallon (leaves me about a quart and a half to add later if needed)
$13.25 -for a Mopar oil filter

I changed mine the first time at 5K then have did them at 10K since then......... oh yea add $35.00 every 15K for fuel filter change (biggrin)

Needless to say these cost are for me doing the work myself.....don't trust anyone else to do it 8-[ .

As you can most likely tell I have a CRD..........

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FREE at a dealer until 45,000... Part of some maintaince package I paid 200 bucks for when I bought my jeep. Otherwise the dealer charges 23.95

maureen58

Reaction score
Just got 1 last Saturday at the dealer. They have a special on Saturday for $16.95. I bring my own oil (mobil 1) for $23.00 and Pure 1 filter for $5.00 and they charge me $12.95 for the change and inspections. All told, a little over $40.00 every 5000 miles.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$18.95 at the dealer, but I supply my own oil (Mobile 1).

I don't put a lot of miles on my Jeeps, so I'm changing the oil every 6k (which is about every 9 months). That is why I use synthetic.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Mobil 1 synthetic (5 quarts) = $21 and some change
Napa Gold oil filter - $6 and some change

Brings the final cost to roughly $27and some change. Plus you add in about 30 minutes of my time (45 minutes if that damn filter gives me hell).

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 (5 quarts) = $19.75
Mopar Oil Filter = $4.15
Labor Charge = $9.00

Total: $32.90

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1: 22-27 depending on where i get it/sales etc.
Fram Filter: 4 something at wallyworld

usally runs between 25 & 30 bucks every 4k or so.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
$30.60 for a half-case of Amsoil 5W30
$13.00 for EaO Filter
Oil changes once a year or 25k miles. \:D/

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guyute1210 said:
$30.60 for a half-case of Amsoil 5W30
$13.00 for EaO Filter
Oil changes once a year or 25k miles. \:D/

THAT's what I'm talking about!! =D>

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
you know, I may be mistaken, but I think JJ is a spokes person for Amsoil....LOL

Darn right! Amsoil is the Best dang oil you can buy. I admit to posting this thread to get people thinking about how often they change their oil and which oil they use. I know I won't convince everyone to switch to a high quality synthetic like Amsoil and use an extended drain interval, but I sure will try.
I am a huge skeptic when it comes to automobile parts and such but I have been researching Amsoil off and on over the years and still it impresses the heck out of me. They just keep making it better and better. They know they are competing against well know, well advertised brand names and their best offense against them is to keep beating them in testing.
Amsoil is the Originator of API certified full synthetics for automobile use and they continue to win in testing against the others.

As always, Please let me know if you have Any questions about Amsoil products. They also make many other great lube products that Also continue to beat the other brands. They make oils and lubes for motorcycles, snowmobiles, watercraft, etc.

Thanks to this great forum for letting me talk about Amsoil. I have 3 Jeeps and a Scion full of their products and not one complaint from me. I sure love only having to service my vehicles once a year!

John

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an uncle run Amsoil in a little Toyota for years. I think he something like over 300k miles on the car by the time he passed away. It is good stuff.

Latest posts

Members online