HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE YOUR PCV VALVE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do you change your PCV valve?
I was talking to a mechanic and he recommended every oil change. I thought this was a little excessive especially when no local auto stores carry it for my 2010 Jeep Liberty with a 3.7 cu. in engine. I had to order 2 new ones on-line.
So what say you? Every oil change or every 80,000 miles or whatever!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owners manual says every 90K if necessary. I changed mine basically on that schedule. There were no actual symptoms it was bad (like oil leaks due to high crankcase pressure) but I wanted to make sure that didn’t happen.

Here are the part numbers:
PCV: 53034065AA
PCV hose (which will be old and brittle and break): 53032993AD (or AF)

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owners manual says every 90K if necessary. I changed mine basically on that schedule. There were no actual symptoms it was bad (like oil leaks due to high crankcase pressure) but I wanted to make sure that didn’t happen.

Here are the part numbers:
PCV: 53034065AA
PCV hose (which will be old and brittle and break): 53032993AD (or AF)
I've changed mine twice since I had my Libby. I currently have 180,000 mile on her. when I removed the PVC valve last time it was clean and rattling.
Thanks for the info.

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use to change them every tune up years ago. I guess with technology things have changed...