Oh Dear.. Steering Wheel Shake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Liberty with 29000 miles. I have brand new tires all around with less than 200 miles on them, they were professionally mounted and balanced.

I went offroading yesterday and ever since, my steering wheel starts to shake around 35mph and gets worse as I get faster, peaking at 55mph it's shaking pretty fast, as if I'm jiggling it left and right really fast.

I'm assuming that it's from off-roading, but what is the case perhaps?

I also have a leak from a hose up front, leaking a pinkish reddish fluid- I thought originally it was a transmission fluid leak but is it perhaps my power steering thats leaking, which is also causing the shake?

I have an Appt with the Jeep dealer on Thursday for a diagnostic, Im just curious.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take wheels off and clean the backside of each one,mud can collect on the inside and throw the balance out.If that does not help get them re-balanced as you may have knocked a weight off(or a few).

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check for dirt inside the rotors while you have the wheels off if you went through really sloppy stuff.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mud for sure, that's what always happens to mine. Just means you had fun. :D

Color wise the fluid sounds like ****** fluid.