OH dear did it this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I get the same thing every time I go to the farm. Just think of it as a free musical accompaniment as you hit the pavement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I might look at these for mine next! Also thinking heavily about the Toyo Open Country AT3s, put a set on the Rene and love them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So far on dry and VERY wet roads they have done well
Waiting on a snow day to go out and try them out
then hurry home to go back to bed LOL
They are a heavier tire, good sidewalls , beads are twice as thick almost as the ones I took off

tssphoto

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, just bought my 2004 Liberty Sport last weekend. I just ordered the last set of the General Grabber AT/X that Tire Rack had in stock, they'll be here Thursday. Unfortunately the wheels I ordered are on backorder so I don't know when I'll get them on. My Jeep needs all 4 front ball joints and probably some other suspension work so I'm not driving it yet anyway. I have other things I'm doing to it also (complete audio system upgrade, maintenance, etc) so I hope to have it on the road by spring. I'm enjoying the forum, lots of good info on here!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, just bought my 2004 Liberty Sport last weekend. I just ordered the last set of the General Grabber AT/X that Tire Rack had in stock, they'll be here Thursday. Unfortunately the wheels I ordered are on backorder so I don't know when I'll get them on. My Jeep needs all 4 front ball joints and probably some other suspension work so I'm not driving it yet anyway. I have other things I'm doing to it also (complete audio system upgrade, maintenance, etc) so I hope to have it on the road by spring. I'm enjoying the forum, lots of good info on here!!
What size tires and wheels did you get ( width and backspacing )
Audio upgrades would be far down the list since getting all worn parts done is way more important than tunes
ONLY Moog greaseable ball joints for lowers
uppers need to replace the whole UCA
If not sure what to buy check here before you buy, some parts are not worth the time to even order them

tssphoto

Reaction score
I got the OEM size tires 235/70/16 and 16x8 Rough Country black steel wheels. I am going to get the Moog ball joints for the lower and the Mevotech uppers from Rock Auto. I'm taking it to my mechanic on Saturday to see what all it needs, I may just replace the whole suspension system, not sure yet. I won't be driving it until it's safe (other than taking it to him), I have another car. Other than the suspension it's in perfect condition, no rust, one owner, garage kept, 17,600 miles.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I might look at these for mine next! Also thinking heavily about the Toyo Open Country AT3s, put a set on the Rene and love them.
Since this thread got resurrected, I'll state the Toyo Open Country ATIII in 225-75r16 is my tire of choice. We have been running them on both Libertys. Awesome on and off road in all weather conditions. Interestingly, my wife purchased both sets just as I was getting ready to grab some Falkens.
I run them on OE steels. She runs them on the phone dials that came with her 06.

tssphoto

Reaction score
Those tires may be a bit narrow for those wheels
Yeah, I was wondering about that, I should probably shop for an OE size wheel. Do you know what the backspace is on the factory wheel?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the OEM size tires 235/70/16 and 16x8 Rough Country black steel wheels. I am going to get the Moog ball joints for the lower and the Mevotech uppers from Rock Auto. I'm taking it to my mechanic on Saturday to see what all it needs, I may just replace the whole suspension system, not sure yet. I won't be driving it until it's safe (other than taking it to him), I have another car. Other than the suspension it's in perfect condition, no rust, one owner, garage kept, 17,600 miles.
MOOG GREASEABLE ball joints
check prices
I've bought the Moog cheaper on AMAZON than what I can buy from Rock Auto
With only 17,000 miles ball joints should not be bad of course I would rather buy a good well kept vehicle with 100,000 mile than one that has been doing nothing but sitting around and low mileage

tssphoto

Reaction score
If you are lifted then yes, if not NO
You'll have rubbing issues when turning
Ok, I'm glad I'm asking you guys, I haven't bought aftermarket wheels before, so I appreciate your help! Can you recommend a wheel that will fit properly? I'd prefer something simple, black, steel. It's not lifted, and I'm replacing the needed suspension parts with OE specs.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oe suspension doesn't last long as it is under sprung. Look at the recommendations for the OME setup on this site, unless you aren't planning to keep this jeep very long.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll find various products that are listed as OE specs but are junk ( only lasting a few months )
Detroit Axle is good a advertising like that
One person asked on another forum, told him to not buy from him
4 months later he was back complaining that his new OE spec ball joints were already worn out
Of course he blamed Jeep
NO you bought parts from a very poor distributer, Detroit Axle

tssphoto

Reaction score
If you are lifted then yes, if not NO
You'll have rubbing issues when turning
I found a wheel at Discount Tire that is 16x7 with 38mm offset. The guy I spoke with said these match the factory wheels with 5.5" of backspace. Does that sound right to you?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a wheel at Discount Tire that is 16x7 with 38mm offset. The guy I spoke with said these match the factory wheels with 5.5" of backspace. Does that sound right to you?
wheels are 5 inch backspaced, 5.5 will rub on spindle etc not good

**OZ**

Reaction score
Have been contemplating between the Grabber ATX and Wildpeak AT3/w. My BFG KM3 are a handful here in the winter. So looking forward to a good snow review.

Latest posts