OH dear did it this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tssphoto

Reaction score
Have been contemplating between the Grabber ATX and Wildpeak AT3/w. My BFG KM3 are a handful here in the winter. So looking forward to a good snow review.
I have the Wildpeaks on my 2009 Outback, they're awesome in the snow. I'm putting the Grabbers on my Liberty tomorrow or Thursday, I expect they will be just as good.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Wildpeaks on my 2009 Outback, they're awesome in the snow. I'm putting the Grabbers on my Liberty tomorrow or Thursday, I expect they will be just as good.
I am running the Grabbers on the 03 for a couple of months now and they are doing great

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hate to admit it, but overall the Generals are doing a great job
We have had a ton of snow, ice, etc. here last few weeks and these tires have not even offered to spin hardly.
Now the Duratracs and Wildpeaks both did a great job , but overall so far the Generals have done a bit better . Where the other two would dig down faster in snow, these just float on top, grab and go . Of course if you need to dig down, just throttle it a bit and they dig .
Of course there always has been the big debate over wide -vs- narrow tires in snow . I have always liked a wider tire. It will stay on top longer and not dig down through a lot of times . Everyone has their own thoughts on it, but this has been mine . I remember running running 12 inch wide 50 series tires on 10 inch wide wheels back in 72 on the rear of my 69 Cougar. I made it to work daily, just had to keep up some speed on hills LOL

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set of General Grabber A2s on my Subaru Forester, and they did fantastic in the snow.
After they were installed, I found a snowy parking lot to do donuts in, but they had too much traction.