Off-road by mistake... icy conditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl's driving to work yesterday morning, the major highway access was all jammed up, probably due to an accident or slow traffic, it was very icy out. So she passes by the usual on-ramp, and heads down some back roads to the next on-ramp. On a mostly snow covered country road, the "worn track" skipped off the edge of the pavement then back up and it caused the rear to slide out to the left so she headed right into the ditch and into the deep snow at about 60km/h (40mph). Upon stopping well off the road she cursed a bit, tossed it in reverse and backed it up onto the road and continued the remainder of the way with no further events. Turns out there was no damage, just deep fluffy snow... oh and she had it in 4Full Time during the whole episode, I was suprised when she said that, I thought she would've needed 4Part-time or even 4Low to get out.
So these are the shining points of having a vehicle that can do a bit more than the average car. I know if it had've been my Neon, it would've been a definite tow truck call and likely a grand or so in repairs.
Yea, Jeep for keeping my baby safe! \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool story, glad the girl and the Jeep are alright. \:D/