OEM Lift? What do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I was looking at getting a rustys lift but after reading that they send the wrong stuff I think I'll stay away from them.

So, I was thinking about buying the parts I need myself...what is it that I need exactly?

I heard about an OEM lift or something, supposed to be the same as the rustys except cheaper and better springs so it doesnt sag as bad?

I should probly add that I know absolutly NOTHING about lifts and such:rolleyes:

Also, is the Frankenlift that much better? If it is I'll buy that, its just a huge price difference so I wonder...

Thanks.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I was looking at getting a rustys lift but after reading that they send the wrong stuff I think I'll stay away from them.

So, I was thinking about buying the parts I need myself...what is it that I need exactly?

I heard about an OEM lift or something, supposed to be the same as the rustys except cheaper and better springs so it doesnt sag as bad?

I should probly add that I know absolutly NOTHING about lifts and such:rolleyes:

Also, is the Frankenlift that much better? If it is I'll buy that, its just a huge price difference so I wonder...

Thanks.

Buying the componets seperately will generally give you better quality parts and be cheaper in the long run over most of the lift kits available.

First off, determine if you will be adding an after market bumper and or winch to deterime which front coil spring rate you will need . If so, Heavy Duty Coils, if not Medium coils.

For example,
OME (Old Man Emu) coil springs are top of the line and used in the OME lift, Rockfather, and Frankinlift.. http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...tys&Product_Code=OMECOILS&Category_Code=COILS Since the front coils will only net 1.5" of lift, a small 3/8" trim spacer plate or clevis lift can be used to get near 2.5" http://www.rocky-road.com/kjome.html as used in the RRO Rockfather kit.

Rancho front struts #17505 and rear shocks #17004 are used by many, and a good way to save over the higer priced OME brand. You will need to search around to get your best prices on them. Someones always having a sale, so don't get in a hurry, and research well to save extra money.

This would be a good set up, and would be much better than Rusty's coil lift for just slightly more cost, and far cheaper than a Rockfather or Frankinlift.

Read, read, and reread all the forums and do research on your own to make your best choices or, someone could end up talking you in to a cheap OTT lift.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, by buying them seperately I can, basically, get a frankenlift for alot cheaper? Or is there something different with the frankenlift?

Thanks

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, by buying them seperately I can, basically, get a frankenlift for alot cheaper? Or is there something different with the frankenlift?

Thanks

Try rereading my post, I didn't say you'd get a Frankinlift cheaper, as it has some different componets and preassembled front struts. The componets I mentioned would be very similar to the the RRO Rockfather kit.

Here's a link for All J's and the Frankinlift.
http://www.boulderbars.com/images/kj_products/kjs.jpg