OEM Head Unit mp3 cd compatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slimjimi

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I'm curious as to whether or not the oem head unit in a 2006 Jeep Liberty plays mp3 cds (data cds, rather than just audio cds). I'd like to burn an mp3 cd for my friend's liberty (yeah, the old "mixed tape" move). Anyway, I know her head unit looks like this:

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/images/M05161262AB.jpg

And the website to buy this oem replacement says it's mp3 cd capable, but I'd just like to know first hand if it is.

Thanks a lot all!

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has the text "MP3" to the left of the CD slot like the one pictured does, it supports mp3 cds. If no MP3 text, probably not.

Slimjimi

Reaction score
Right, Right. She is out of town, and I was just wondering if any of you Liberty owners could vouch for mp3 cd capability from first hand experience. Thanks though!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it. Code RAH on it, mp3 CD capable.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm....

in-dash 6 disc changer? or MP3 capability.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$170 on fleabay. not sure if I want that much, since I just forked over for the 6disc a little while ago.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the RAH for the Liberty, also fits the 02-05 Ram, I have this HU in both our vehicles. No trimming required.

You must be registered for see images attach

Slimjimi

Reaction score
Not mp3 compatible :( Good thing its a six disc changer. It's insane that it takes 6 cd's worth of audio cd's to cover 1 cd of mp3 files.