Odd tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, from what i have seen, i cant find anybody with the kind of tire size on i have on my kj. It is a 255/65 tire size on a stock lift. Has anybody ran this size combo without a lift before? if so did you have any issues. These tires came with my kj when i bought it, they look nice just dont know if they will rub when im on the trails and i dont want to learn the hard way!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the tire is 10" wide but only 29" in diameter. You might get some rubbing on the fog light access covers and the pinch weld covers (shark-fin looking thing at the bottom rear of the front wheel wells), but I would think the biggest hitter would be rubbing on the lower control arms, but you'd only get that at full lock. Maybe go out and have someone turn the wheel back and forth while you watch to see what kind of clearances you have.

You may get some rubbing when you stuff a tire on the trail, can't tell for sure until you take it out and get it dirty!

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have done full lock u-turns before and never felt anything but when the gf gets home i have her test for me

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah, that's an odd one, but I can tell you I think at least one person has run that before... It sounds so familiar.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could put a floor jack under one LCA, jack it up til the body of the KJ starts to lean, then have someone turn the wheels from lock to lock while you watch for contact. Make sure to check the back for clearance, too. My 245s barely clear the inside of the rear wells so I'm not sure 255s will stuff very nicely.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stupid previous owners.... should have researched the tires before sutffing them in.... oh well. I just wont do any mahor off roading that requires too much flex until these tires wear out. I know i can still do trails because i already have without issues and have done a full lock u turn and didnt feel any rubbing.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Found a nice little place to test the flex to the fullest on this thing. The tires do not hit the fenders, they stuff into the fenders nicely without about a 1/4 inch to spare. For a stock kj this thing flexes very nicely. Also the tires do not rub anywhere either. I seem to have gotten lucky with this odd tire size but love the way it makes my kj look! :)

Doing these flex poser shots isnt going to do damage to the stock suspension it is?