OBD II light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving and all of a sudden it came on.
went to Auto Zone today and it was a 0700 and 0740.
Something with transmission, but I can't remember where the codes are on here.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the P0700 code is a TCM code, and P0740 I believe refers to a TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) circuit issue.

For both issues make sure to check the grounds are all good. Check for broken wires going to and from the transmission. If you have these codes and no other you may just have a wiring problem. I hope you find an obvious simple problem.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice - don't wait for your ****** to fix itself. Both of those codes are telegraphing some significant issues in your transmission that will be very costly.

Go to a good trans shop and have them put your Jeep on their scanner. It will pull read outs specific to the ****** and give a report on what's happening internally. The longer you wait the more damage will be done.

Let us know what the shop says...

Bob

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother used his scan guage tool that hooks up to his laptop, and we can not get the error code to repeat. Even 100 miles later and variable speeds.

Maybe it was a glitch?

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sort of intermittent issue is usually a wiring issue. A good pot hole and the wires are not touching, one more good bump and they are back. I would still look for broken wires and damaged connectors.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any wiring diagrams or the ability to take under vehicle pictures (1' of snow outside). I hope someone can guide you. But you will want to look at the TCM connectors and wires running underneath the vehicle.