OBD-II Bluetooth Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an OBD-II adapter that I can connect to a smartphone or tablet to use with an android app like this. Has anyone used one of these and if so what brand/model?

You must be registered for see images

Thanks all!

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these work great for simple codes... anything better you need to drop a grand.

Miguel Escobar

Reaction score
i bought the ELM327 but never works with my KJ i try with other vehicules and work great

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered that with my first one. Connected but couldn't read the ECU. I ordered another one, so I will update this thread when/if I find one that works. Going through reviews, connecting to the KJ seems to be an issue and not just the case of a cheap scanning unit.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered that with my first one. Connected but couldn't read the ECU. I ordered another one, so I will update this thread when/if I find one that works. Going through reviews, connecting to the KJ seems to be an issue and not just the case of a cheap scanning unit.

Either that's a common thing, or a coincidence with me. I read the codes on mine on Tuesday, hooked up to the laptop. Took it a few tries for it to link up. And yet I've done it previously with no issue. Could be that a dog barked at the moon the night before, it is a Jeep after all. lol

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My Garmin Mechanic add-on gauge scanner does not do terribly much compared to the "real" scanners, but I do find it useful. I have noticed that it can be fussy at times connecting. If I leave it plugged in and don't mess with the battery it is almost always fine. My battery croaked a couple months ago and it took me several tries to get it reconnected.

Last edited:

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found One That Worked!

I got my second from Amazon and it connected right up. Played with it a little and it is a neat little toy. I will install Torque Pro on my tablet and do a review with some screenshots.

So others don't have to go through the same thing (although it still may be YMMV) I went through on my 2006 Jeep Liberty KJ:

This one worked!

You must be registered for see images attach

DO NOT BUY THIS ONE!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know! Just read this after ordering one. Hope it works on my 02. If not it'll probably work on one of my other vehicles.