Obd app to read transmission & engine temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shupaz

Reaction score
Hi guys I can't seem to find an OBD app to read transmission temperature. The apps I tried has this option but cannot deliver the readings.
What temp is normal & what will be too high?
Need your one that will read trans temp.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
It’s a device not an app, but the Scangauge II will do that job. TFT is transmission fluid temp on my gauge. 136 is cool. I have an aux fan and an aux transmission cooler because I tow in the mountains. I got it up to 240 going up the Allegheny Front a few weeks ago so I pulled over, put it in park, and opened the hood until things cooled off. I would say 186 seems to be normal for driving in city traffic (for me). I think getting it up to 280 will turn your transmission warning light on, though I haven’t done that personally. If that happens, change the fluid and filter as soon as possible.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If the TransTemp light appears, chances are the fluid is toast, & should be serviced with new ATF+4 & filter.
Ever since installing a PML 42RLE aluminum transmission pan with LubeLocker gasket, all has been well.

Glenn Buskirk

Reaction score
For my '06 Jeep Commander, I had to add a PID to Torque Pro to read Transmission Fluid Temp. I found the PID info in a Commander forum.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar for the Scangauge. I can point you to the instructions for that if you need.

Members online

No members online now.