Nothing new, washed it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still believe we need a detailing section. O:)

Anyway, it was a delightful 35F, so I figured, why not. I went ahead and washed mine and the Grand.. I didnt get any pics of the grand though.

Nothing like the water freezing on the jeep and the driveway while Im washing it. \:D/

You must be registered for see images attach

I got a shot of the fender wells for hyedipin.. O:)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes we should have a detailing section, nobody seems to remember my detailing thread. You wouldnt even wanna see my jeep right now. anyway its freezing cold here so no thoughts about cleaning it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
yes we should have a detailing section, nobody seems to remember my detailing thread. You wouldnt even wanna see my jeep right now. anyway its freezing cold here so no thoughts about cleaning it.

Yea, I thought about bringing the detailing thread back, but its time that us detailer's got our own section. Even the girls have their own section?!?!?! ](*,)

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
especko said:

Yea, I thought about bringing the detailing thread back, but its time that us detailer's got our own section. Even the girls have their own section?!?!?! ](*,)

I agree!

Oh yeah, and water freezing on the Jeep and driveway is the BEST part about washing it in the winter!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your tires sticking out a bit because of backspacing? Looks great, wells are crazy clean as always :) Tires now look so much better, not as aggressive but still great

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I couldn't be you. I went to the DIY spray wash, spent $2 just to spray the salt off and I was done. My hands were near stiff when I was done. That was 2 days ago, and thankfully it still looks somewhat good today.

Then again, it's 30ºF colder here.

Question, how much total lift do you have?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, tires stick out b/c of the BS on the rims. Its amazing how much better it handles with those rims than it does with the rims like yours. It slides so much in the rain with the HP's ,I dread going back to those. Ive got to save the tread on those tires though. O:)

Marlon, I have right at 3" of lift with those wheels on. I just swapped out the OME front springs for the Rustys spings to fix the nose down effect. Couldnt stand that. I also added two conduit nuts under the clevis.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Yup, tires stick out b/c of the BS on the rims. Its amazing how much better it handles with those rims than it does with the rims like yours. It slides so much in the rain with the HP's ,I dread going back to those. Ive got to save the tread on those tires though. O:)

Marlon, I have right at 3" of lift with those wheels on. I just swapped out the OME front springs for the Rustys spings to fix the nose down effect. Couldnt stand that. I also added two conduit nuts under the clevis.
Ah. I thought it was lookin just a little bit higher than mine was. I might be reinstalling this lift because I can't even unload it on eBay. :-s

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know what is worse.....Washing the KJ, watching the water freeze, waiting a half hour in the garage to unfreeze it, detailing the shit out of it and going to work with it clean??OR watching a 20min. blizzard, just enough to get everything covered, driving home from work, and the KJ dirty again ALL in the same day...TIS was my experience today and it *****. ](*,)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:

I guess that makes up for the lift, balances it so it still looks nice, not ugly-lifted. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if the world hates me. I wash the Jeep in freezing weather... The weather says they are giving a 30% chance of flurries.. I wake up this morning and they have canceled church.. I look out and see this. ](*,)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should buy a new front grill, and paint it black, and swap it when you go offroading, it seems like it would look good from that ^ angle :)
`
sorry bad edit, but makes the point:
You must be registered for see images

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh that's just great! Sorry Blake but I cannot stop laughing! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

That is exactly why I only spray off in the Winter!

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gosh i havent washed my car in at least 3 months (whistle)

too cold and its always gonna rain or maybe snow ](*,)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renegade Flex said:
gosh i havent washed my car in at least 3 months (whistle)

too cold and its always gonna rain or maybe snow ](*,)

you got salt up there? I ahven't washed for a while as well.. it's a mess

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually on the island and theres nothing but salt... i cant imagine that would do good for my paint and undercarriage.

do i risk causing any damage if i dont get a wash soon?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Renegade Flex said:
im actually on the island and theres nothing but salt... i cant imagine that would do good for my paint and undercarriage.

do i risk causing any damage if i dont get a wash soon?

yes and no. Yes, that of course salt literally eats away at steel or metal exposed. But no, it's not like you're going to go out there next week and the entire undercarriage is rusted out.

I usually try to wash it ASAP after a "salt storm". If you have one of the drive through car washes that do the undercarriage, they work pretty good. Drive slowly forward, but not too far forward that you trip the sensor and make the jets go off. After driving forward, back up slowly, then pull back forward. Repeat this process untill the jets shut off (they're on a timer if you dont hit that sensor I talked about).

However if they're calling for anymore, or any rain with in the next week (or anything that would stir up the salt on the roads, therefore defeating the purpose of washing your vehicle), i'll wait untill the weather is going to be clear for a week or so.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes what he ^ says.. I never wash until I know that they won't salt again..
They have been salting everywhere since last week .. this morning we had a little trace of snow, and it is again salt everywhere.. So, it doesn't make any difference.

WE have under carriage wash but it is auto roll, so we cannot go back and forth, let it roll, and it is supposed to wash undercarriage.
Mine is already all rusted everywhere, anyway... ](*,) damn nyc roads

how about if I spray myself. with the city water.. it is very hard water, but at least should be better than salt.