Nothing new, washed it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
how about if I spray myself. with the city water.. it is very hard water, but at least should be better than salt.

If you do that, take a bottle of degreaser or cleaner and spray the undercarriage. let it sit on for a couple of minutes, then wash it off.

If it's warm enough, I break out my pressure washer and do it myself, as I can add the cleaner/degreaser to the tank and it mixes in. I can blast it with the cleaner, then blast it clean. I only go to the automatic places when its too cold to safely get my pressure washer going.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
what kind of degreaser or cleaner?

2003KJ

Reaction score
I usually use degreaser, and its whatever i have in the garage. Simple Green, Greased Lightning and Purple Power all work good.

Also use them on the engine too....but thats a different topic and has different procedures for cleaning...lol.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was afraid that degreaser would degrease the parts that needed to be greased... phew..

2003KJ

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I was afraid that degreaser would degrease the parts that needed to be greased... phew..

Such as? Remember everything is sealed under there...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really think of anything, like in general. I am always afraid that when doing under carriage things will find their way into engine from the front...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is possible that it could dry out all the bushings for the suspension.

I try to spray silicone spray on all my suspension bushings around once or twice a year. I also clean and spray the CV boots. They seem to be hard plastic though, so they would probably be fine without. O:)

I put protectant on the door seals also.. well, I put protectant on ALOT of other stuff too.. \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
I put protectant on the door seals also.. well, I put protectant on ALOT of other stuff too.. \:D/

What protectant do you put on the seals? My buddy is having a problem with them sticking on his Silverado....mainly on the doors that get used MOST often (believe it or not). WD-40 was just a temp. solution that he tried.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
jeepjeepster said:

What protectant do you put on the seals? My buddy is having a problem with them sticking on his Silverado....mainly on the doors that get used MOST often (believe it or not). WD-40 was just a temp. solution that he tried.

I use this mostly:

You must be registered for see images attach

I have used Meguiars Natural Shine also. It can be found at most auto parts stores where The All Season Dressing must be ordered off the internet unless you have a big Meguiars dealer near you.

http://www.meguiars.com/?home-vinyl-rubber-care/Natural-Shine-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant