noisy back window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I installed my lift, back window makes some nasty creaking noise every time I go over some slightly bumpy road or speed bumps. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how to remidy it. I'v tried greasing all the attach points I can find.....didnt work. ](*,) Any sugestions would be welcome....Thanks

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Ever since I installed my lift, back window makes some nasty creaking noise every time I go over some slightly bumpy road or speed bumps. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how to remidy it. I'v tried greasing all the attach points I can find.....didnt work. ](*,) Any sugestions would be welcome....Thanks

Try putting a blob of white grease on the button that window glass catch pushes in on when it is closed. It is square shaped about 3/4" x 3/4" black plastic, located to the left of the latch mechanism in the rear gate. I don't have a pic.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the tip....That must have been the spot. Because I lubed that and the entire latch mechanizm and it went away...Thank God!!!!
I can turn my radio down now...the creak is gone \:D/

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Creak Gone

Hey Bennett, you see this post? Maybe, just maybe, the cause was found. O:) After greasing everything EXCEPT #-o that black plastic button and still getting the creaking, a light bulb came on in my head and said Hey why not grease that button? kopkrab.gif I did not expect that might be the cause but it was on my Jeep. Also I notice that the grease is pushed aside easily by the latch so has to be reapplied again if creaking is heard again. This depends on how much the glass is open/closed too.