noises and delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexDisaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i read somewhere that there is supposed to be noises with the transmission however i just wanted to know if it is a light hummed buzzing noise? and on my front right wheel area It sounds like i hit an empty plastic trashcan when i go over speed bumps at approx 3mph. any ideas on whats making the noise? headscratch.gif and then every now and then when i accelerate it seems that my car takes a bit to respond and since i dont floor it im not sure it the engine revs before i get a response or not..help for ideas?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The buzzing is normal, those are the solenoids in the transmission when you engage/disengage gears (not like the old days anymore). The buzzing shouldn't be constant though. With the response lag, is your trans fluid at the right mark? These transmissions are computer controlled, but still rely on hydraulic pressure to make it all work.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its the right front wheel humming I would check the right front dont know why you would hear the trans at the right front. (Hub maybe)
Turn off the Overdrive and see if the response lag stops if so its common to feel the OD kick in our out a little when you give or take up on the gas.
And ya you can hear a buzzing like noise from the trans at times.

Latest posts

Members online