No Transmission Dipstick on '07 Liberty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fluid never needs replaced for the life of the vehicle
I think that is just a little off. the fluid will last the life of the transmission, not the vehicle. meaning when the fluid is used up, so is the transmission. same goes with "lifetime lubrication" of bearing grease. when the grease is used up, so is the part. if you had the opportunity to add grease, you would also extend the life of the bearing. its all about getting you to replace the vehicle, rather than the parts that fail.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I think that is just a little off. the fluid will last the life of the transmission, not the vehicle. meaning when the fluid is used up, so is the transmission. same goes with "lifetime lubrication" of bearing grease. when the grease is used up, so is the part. if you had the opportunity to add grease, you would also extend the life of the bearing. its all about getting you to replace the vehicle, rather than the parts that fail.
Bingo!

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have another question. Just how does the "plug" on the top end of the transmission fill tube come off? When I was young and dumb, I would have just grabbed it with a big honking pair of pliers. But I have learned a few things over the years. An ounce of caution can be better a TON of of repairs. And I really do not want to mess up her vehicle.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twist counter clockwise with your hand. It is threaded on sort of like the engine oil cap.