No pionting fingers,what oil do you use,and change interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have never used Quaker State, I am sure it has to be better than it was back in the 70s but still. You could tear an engine down and tell that they used Q.S. just from all of the gunk left behind!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Have never used Quaker State, I am sure it has to be better than it was back in the 70s but still. You could tear an engine down and tell that they used Q.S. just from all of the gunk left behind!

I was told 20 years ago that QS was a terrible oil...too much wax in it. I don't know about that, but I have never used QS oil and never will. :D

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Pennzoil and Quaker State contain a lot of paraffin wax in the base oil they use. This of course causes sludge to build up. Their synthetic oils are fine though, because they use a synthetic base oil. Their dino oils are the ones to worry about.

I have resealed literally hundreds of intake manifolds on 5.2L/5.9L gas engines in older Grand Cherokees, Durangos, Dakotas, and Ram 1500/2500 trucks over the last 10 years. You could always tell when somebody used Pennzoil/Quaker State oil. There would be a thick layer of sludge in the intake valley, all over the push rods and lifters. I would stick my head in the vehicle and look at their oil change sticker. Sure enough, it was one of the two.

Forgot to add, I wouldn't even run that crap in my lawnmower.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
setup an iv bag and just let it flow into funnel at a quart per 5 minutes.

Put this on your bumper:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: