No parts available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJS77

Reaction score
So I recently bought a 2002 liberty sport that needed the cv axels done. I got the passenger side done no problem but when i got the drivers side out I noticed that the needle bearing in the diff was shot. Ok not completely unreasonable. It was to late to get any parts so I left it for the next day. I think I called every part store and jeep dealer around. I didnt know what they called that particular bearing which took half the day to figure out. It's the front axle bearing... duh! Anyway I'm waiting for the parts to come in from who knows where. I have ordered the bearing and seal online from 3 different places because they make you think they have it in stock but dont tell you for a couple hours after you put in your order. This is what they tell you "were sorry the part you ordered is on back order we will email you as soon as it gets shipped." One of the places says when I look up my order that it could possibly be shipped 9/23. ***! Sorry for the rant I'm just dumbfounded I have to wait that long with it tore apart in my driveway.
Anyone know a place that has the upper front left bearing and seal for an 02 liberty sport?
Ok have the bearing on the way I hope need the seal.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got photos of the seal and bearing part numbers in here.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe this is it:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87972 - read down to the spicer post.

sometimes, if you have an industrial supply house, they can get things like these bearings and seals. Mine even does custom hydraulic hoses. Applied industrial tech.

good luck!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered the bearing and seal from quadratec, Morris 4x4, or Amazon. Can't remember which. Good luck.

TJS77

Reaction score
I got the parts finally and went out today to get back to it but after I pulled the seal out the bearing looks to be seated in a slot much bigger than the casing. My question is that bearing does come out the tire side or does the differential need to come apart and it goes it the other way? No that cant be right. I'm gonna go mess with it some more wish me luck

TJS77

Reaction score
I got it finally. The bearing was toast just the inner race was pretty much welded in there. No way a remover was getting it out. After about 4 hours of coaxing it with every tool in the box and a it broke free and 30 min later it was back on the road.

Latest posts

Members online