No fluid from windshield wiper nozzles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
No fluid from windshield wiper nozzles and the fluid reservoir was fairly full. Did a Google and came up with a couple of YouTube videos on how to gain access and replace the nozzles.

I had to buy a $10 tool for removing the plastic fasteners / retainers. Worth it though as it allowed me to pop out the fasteners for the under-hood noise insulation pad and I didn't break a single one. This is the same tool that you would need if you wanted to pull off the front or rear bumper cover, so I'm sure I will use it again. Turns out that while typically the nozzle / hose connector breaks off and the nozzle needs to be replaced, mine was nothing more than the hose had come off. Hose went back on and seemed snug, but if it pops off again, I'll use a super-small hose clamp on it.

I'm guessing that a couple of weeks ago, when we had some 30 / 32 degree weather, the non-winterized wiper fluid froze at the nozzle and then when activated, put enough pressure on the hose to pop off. Easy fix, and the nozzles, if they had been needed, are available at your local dealer and eBay. Part number for the 2008-2012 Jeep Liberty and 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro is 55157319AA.

chanwmr

Reaction score
That happened to mine in the summer. I think in my case the tech from the glass place just forgot to reattach the hose after he replaced the windshield. Funny thing was that the whole section of hose had disappeared.