Newbie Here With Audio and Light Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am soon going to come into the possession of an 03 limited with 15k on her. I had a Grand PRix GTP, but am departing with her to get something more useable in snow. I have two questions:

1.) I am going to put in my Kenwood KDCMP-528 headunit, my Stage 2 Fosgate sub, and my 550watt mono Fosgate amp, but will not have the funds for upgrading speakers for a month or two. The question is, can the stock speakers handle the addtional wattagre from the new headunit? How will the sound quality be? And am I going to be able to turn up the volume without blowing them?

2.) I already decided on the bully bar i want for my baby, but what kind of driving lights are you guys using? Ii do a lot of country road driving, and the additional driving lights will be a great help. I dont want foglights b.c. the jeep has them already, I want the driving lights so I can turn on and illuminate the road far ahead of me.

Thanks in advance and I will be seeing all you around.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RIPGTP1997 said:
Hello everyone. I am soon going to come into the possession of an 03 limited with 15k on her. I had a Grand PRix GTP, but am departing with her to get something more useable in snow. I have two questions:

1.) I am going to put in my Kenwood KDCMP-528 headunit, my Stage 2 Fosgate sub, and my 550watt mono Fosgate amp, but will not have the funds for upgrading speakers for a month or two. The question is, can the stock speakers handle the addtional wattagre from the new headunit? How will the sound quality be? And am I going to be able to turn up the volume without blowing them?

2.) I already decided on the bully bar i want for my baby, but what kind of driving lights are you guys using? Ii do a lot of country road driving, and the additional driving lights will be a great help. I dont want foglights b.c. the jeep has them already, I want the driving lights so I can turn on and illuminate the road far ahead of me.

Thanks in advance and I will be seeing all you around.

The stock 6 speaker system is fantastic, you have nothing to worry about.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.You have the limited so it should have the infinity sound system. If it does you should be fine. Turn the HPF on and take all the bass away from the speakers and let the sub handle that for ya.

Something you should know, with the infinity sound system the amps are on the front speakers. Im fairly sure they also act as a crossover for the tweeeeters in the dash, so you will need to do whatever you want for them. I just put better speakers in the rear doors and left the fronts alone so I do not have to worry about all that crap. Good luck!! \:D/

2. I have the hella 500's driving lights mounted on the front of my bumper and they do great with the fogs and low beams.

You must be registered for see images attach

kjsportcrd06

Reaction score
i just put my Pioneer -4700 headunit in my 06. not sure about your 03 but the factory speakers sound surprisingly decent and should last for a while until i feel like replacing them.

Latest posts

Members online