Newb Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04renny

Reaction score
I need to replace a lower control arm on my 04 jeep and on the mopar parts site it says right side or left side, i need it for the passenger side, would this be right of left side, i'm confused and want to order the proper part.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or UK. Or Hong Kong. Even South Africa. Alternatively Zimbabwe. And Ireland. I've missed a few :D

You forgot the Moon...If the KJ was on the Moon it would be the luner side.....

Dave

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right & Left are determined from the perspective of the driver. If you forget, the lower control arms have a big "L" & "R" molded on them, just like the marks I have in my shoes:)

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad was in the Navy during WW2...he always preferred either "port" or "starboard" instead of left and right.

Ha harrrr - I be drivin starb'd side... I think driving port side sounds better. But I like RHD...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad was in the Navy during WW2...he always preferred either "port" or "starboard" instead of left and right.

why? did the **** invent "Left" and "Right". :D :D :D

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starboard = Right
Left = Port

think "I just left port". It's the easiest way to remember it i know! :cool:
LOL you guys....I knew which was which, my father-in-law and bro-in-law were both Navy so I've heard the "left port" many times (also remember port=4 letters and left=4 letters). I was just being a wise ****.

My point was that you still have to know that the port side is the drivers side looking from aft (rear)....in most sane countries ;) .

Wow this is getting way off topic and way too confusing :confused: .

Paul
________
Honda Z50A history

Last edited: