New Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread. Looking good. Who makes your bumber?

I just did the opposite. I went from the OEM 17" Rubicon wheels to 17" Crager Soft 8's with 32x10.5 BFG M/T's. I had them on my JK for exactly 5,000 miles. Never could get them balanced (5 tries between three different shops). This past Friday I switched from the Crager's to 16" Eagle Alloy rims and added a set of 33x11.5 BFG M/T KM2's. No more shimmy and 2" more sidewall than the old setup.

Crager Chrome Soft 8's...

You must be registered for see images

Eagle Alloy w/super shine finish...

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread. Looking good. Who makes your bumber?

I just did the opposite. I went from the OEM 17" Rubicon wheels to 17" Crager Soft 8's with 32x10.5 BFG M/T's. I had them on my JK for exactly 5,000 miles. Never could get them balanced (5 tries between three different shops). This past Friday I switched from the Crager's to 16" Eagle Alloy rims and added a set of 33x11.5 BFG M/T KM2's. No more shimmy and 2" more sidewall than the old setup.

Crager Chrome Soft 8's...

Eagle Alloy w/super shine finish...

LOL, yeah I'm having trouble getting mine balanced right as well....I'm actually planning on replacing my Cragar's ASAP!! I should have never gotten rid of my alloys....lesson learned!

Looks good, BTW!

Oh, and my bumper is the Warrior "RockCrawler" front with D-ring mounts....it was about $280 or so with shipping. Not sure if they still sell it or not...but I just wanted something simple that was similar to the factory bumper, but metal and it fit the bill.

Last edited:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Here's a couple more that are a little more recent.....

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm actually about to lower mine back down to the 1.75" coil spacers and take off the Rough Country 3.25" (actually more like 2.5") lift....have been less than pleased with it, two sets of sagging springs, rough ride, and poor customer service IMO. Gonna go back to what I started with and just start over, lol.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that shade of green was also discontinued. I knew Rescue Green was no longer. Btw; the "X" is also history. For 2010, it's now the "Sport".

Looks great! I really like that OD Wrangler too.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that shade of green was also discontinued. I knew Rescue Green was no longer. Btw; the "X" is also history. For 2010, it's now the "Sport".

Looks great! I really like that OD Wrangler too.

Yep, Jeep Green and Rescue Green went bye-bye after '08, replaced by Sunburst Orange and Deep Water Blue I believe...a shame, I don't understand not having a green option on a JEEP!!?? :confused:

"X" will be back one day...then they'll change it back to "sport"...then "X" will come back...then, well you get the idea. LOL!!

Oh, and if you liked that one then check out this one....

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking....I really like it. I wonder how long it would take me to put down the top......;):D

I won't lie....the 1st time I installed the soft top on mine (ie came with hard top), it took me 2.5 hours to put the top up.;) Mainly because, I was reading the manual, watching the included DVD operation video, the included instruction sheet and making sure I did it right. I needed all 3 sources of information to install the top, since there was a little info in each that the other didn't include....but probably could have done it without reading any of them.

Now that I've done it a few times, it takes me about 10 minutes to put it up or down. Unzipping the windows in and out of it, takes the longest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online