New transmission for Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexism

Reaction score
I heard that the new 2007 Liberty will be equipped with a new 6 Speed Automatic Transmission. Is that true?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

4-Speed AT 42RLE is the only option currently being offered.
if you want to go 6-Speed, you would need to get 6-speed manual NSG370 transmission which is available only on SPORT models.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
benz 350 comes with 7 speed AT, and it makes no difference whatsoever, yet, my KJ feels much rapid & quicker.. I don't think anyone needs more than 5 gears in AT.... jeep could have had another gear between 1-2 but doesn't need a 5th on top.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i doubt there will be any changes for the liberty, although some might not know this but the new chrysler pacificas use a 6 speed auto ****** 62TE for all you number remembering knuckleheads

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's the tow cap on pacifica? not so high, I guess.....

KJgirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
i doubt there will be any changes for the liberty, although some might not know this but the new chrysler pacificas use a 6 speed auto ****** 62TE for all you number remembering knuckleheads

except they lost the Renegade model :(