New to me, and new to KJ’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HatterMT

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m in Montana and got my first 2004 KJ Limited last week, so far I love it. I’m coming from a 96 XJ that I will always love and would burry in my back yard if the county would let me. I don’t do much crawling but I love pulling people out of ditches in the winter and helping them get around, then in the summer I can take to the mountain to get to the hidden lakes and streams! I look forward to working with everyone!

Thanks,
Russ

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m in Montana and got my first 2004 KJ Limited last week, so far I love it. I’m coming from a 96 XJ that I will always love and would burry in my back yard if the county would let me. I don’t do much crawling but I love pulling people out of ditches in the winter and helping them get around, then in the summer I can take to the mountain to get to the hidden lakes and streams! I look forward to working with everyone!

Thanks,
Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome
My first KJ is an 04, bought new, love them more than XJs ( bought 3 of them new over the years and all fully modded )
But now 03,04 and 05 KJs are more fun:happy175:

HatterMT

Reaction score
Well [emoji90] antifreeze in the oil, taking it back tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 18

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not antifreeze in the oil. It’s a common problem with the kJ a few of us here have. It’s worse in colder weather but is caused by condensation and a poor PCV system.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not antifreeze in the oil. It’s a common problem with the kJ a few of us here have. It’s worse in colder weather but is caused by condensation and a poor PCV system.

That looks like alot more than I've ever seen in my 02 but could be condensation. I've seen some images of others that look like that though. My 02 would have some gunk when driven short runs in the cold. I'd just clean it out and have a look at the oil. If you don't want to drain it then check the dipstick at least. Any foamy stuff on the dipstick? Any ridiculous increase in oil level? When my HG did go on my 02 there was a milkshake in the crankcase and the coolant reservoir went empty and the oil level went way up.

Weird thing is my 05 doesn't do this at all. :Insane:

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new PCV valve and still have this happening. Not a big deal just condensation��

HatterMT

Reaction score
Thanks all, it shocked me because of the other issues I've had and I was curious since it's only 3 weeks old (to me). The dealership has been decent to work with. It's at my mechanic now and the dealer may help cover the cost. I don't believe that it's antifreeze like you said. I've never had a vehicle do the foaming. I'll definitely be able to drive it long enough each day to warm up the oil.

HatterMT

Reaction score
Now to find the parts for the TSB upgrade. . . .