New to Jeep KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now had the Liberty out in the driveway running longer than 5 min. STILL NO TEMP. reading.
Does this mean I NEED AN EVIC FROM AN 05 OR HIGHER.... ?

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe we need an EVIC out of an 04, or 05 to 07 LIBERTY specifically?
I have an Ebay seller who has a few andrelized that, and is asking the part number - he recalls the Liberty's EVIC having a bit different part number from a previous transaction. ..

Does anyone know what the part number(s) would be for an 04, 05, 06 ,or 06 for an EVIC specifically from a Liberty?

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now to add to my EVIC issues - besides the -- F for the temp. I now noticed all of a sudden when the kids get in the back (open both rear doors) only the right rear started showing open and never clears (shows closed) when the doors are closed. I have to unplug the EVIC to get it to stop showing - only until my daughter opens the right rear door again.
I'm leaving this EVIC DISCONNECTED and going back to just the map courtesy lights until I find the PROPER EVIC ....

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay seller mentioned this;

The last numbers 57aj or 49aj the 56 is tps but I know the liberty has the first half of the number is different..

Any help/ idea of the Liberty part number?

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got another EVIC (from 05 Liberty) wires different coloring

I just found another EVIC at a wreckers out East of me - they say it's from an 05 Liberty part number P/N 56010520AD...

I see that the wire colors for the EVIC plug are different and the Courtesy Dome light plug is the same as in my 05 Liberty, which is a plus (I wont have to mess with that wiring)...

Now I'm wondering if the way I wired my wiring from the Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Overhead console and EVIC and Installing an OTIS How To install an EVIC is going to work?
The say :
EVIC pin #5 Blue / White to fused ignition switch Output (#13 fuse block)
EVIC pin #4 Black/Orange to pin #4 of the OBD port > GROUND
EVIC pin#3 Pink to pin #16 of the OBD port > FUSED B (+)
EVIC pin#2 Yellow/Violet to pin #2 of the OBD port > PCI BUS

Where as this (05 Liberty) EVCI plug has:
EVIC pin#5 Pink / Green
EVIC pin# 4 Black/White
EVIC pin# 3 Red
EVIC pin# 2 White Violet

See Pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9itUksTtsjE9Bzck7

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF the pins/functions to the EVIC are all be the same ( ? )

If so then the color code of the wiring does NOT matter as long as the pins/function at the EVIC are the SAME....???....????

Can anyone Confirm this for me ?

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait am I reading the How to thread correctly - that if this is an 05 EVIC to get the TPMS to work, it is not just a matter of getting 4 (or 5) tpms sensors and a Retraining magnet ?
That the 05 that came with TPMS as an option has a different set up - external antenna's in each wheel well?

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not connect this next EVIC up yet - the dealer has my Liberty right now for a recall - Installing a rear hitch for free :happy107:

I'm confused what EVIC this is then from the provided list does not match any.....,?

Before 2005 the TPMS system was all located in the EVIC and a training magnet was used to locate the sensors. 2005 and after the sensors were monitored thru the wireless module and three antenna were located one each in three of the fender wells. The newer TPMS determines which wheel the sensors are automatically and I think report the temperature of the tire.

I was hoping to add TPMS to my Liberty after adding the 05 Liberty EVIC that has Home link & TPMS (I thought it did - maybe not??). To just get the proper tire sensors and just use the learning magnet (I already have the tire learning magnet, it's a doughnut shaped magnet and goes over/around the tire valve) - that's what I was working on/ looking for what proper sensors to get, when I came across this comment, post #192 of the How to install an EVIC....
So according to this comment, by me adding the 05 EVIC I just got that I think has TPMS, it's not just a matter of adding the tire sensors ? The Liberty would have to have this other module and three wheel well antennas?

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update - I've up to date with this EVIC / Bracket saga on the HOW TO Thread:

HOW TO: Install an EVIC or OTIS (overhead computer)

and

EVIC for '05 Renegade 3.7l??

After this I'll be looking into adding the Floor/ Under dash lights (with incandescent bulbs), to be able to add INTERIOR LED's lights WITHOUT the dim/low light problem...

Last edited:

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket Remote Start 05' Liberty

Ok, my next question is about Aftermarket Remote Start on an 05' Liberty...

I priced around to just have it installed as I'm pressed for time and it's freakin cold out and just want to have it sooner rather then later.

I have the Liberty keyless entry key fobs, I wanted the extra range so I chose to look for a remote start with it's own key fobs - which would give me a range up to a 1/4 mile or so, over the aprox. 100' of just programming the stock Liberty keyless entry key fobs (lock button 3x's)...

My question is I thought that the Liberty (maybe not the 05') did NOT need the extra "by pass module" to be installed along with the remote start module due to having "Chipped" keys...
I got prices all about the same from a choice of local "reliable" installers that I knew of. The thing was once I went to the one I chose, all of a sudden the price was almost another $100 more due to them saying I needed the additional "by pass module" because of the keys on this Liberty are "Chipped". Not know for sure and since I was there and my recent hectic schedule - I just had them do it....
I'm just curious now - was this a bait and switch, that I got take for a ride for another $100 for the additional "By pass module" and Install, or is it really required/needed for the 05' Liberty w/keyless entry key fobs ?

Next - I'll be looking into adding the Floor/ Under dash lights (with incandescent bulbs), to be able to add INTERIOR LED's lights WITHOUT the dim/low light problem...

Last edited:

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next - I'll be looking into adding the Floor/ Under dash lights (with incandescent bulbs), to be able to add INTERIOR LED's lights WITHOUT the dim/low light problem...

Easily enough I was able to find BOTH Under Dash light plugs BOTH Drivers AND the notorious evil Passengers side. I was able to feel for it and just gave it a little tug - mine must have been barley taped, as it came free with hardly any effort:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online