New to Jeep KJ.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bharney

Reaction score
I am new to JeepKJ.com and have just bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited for my youngest son and I to work on.

The 3.7 v-6 engine is bad. It starts with a lot of rattling. Everything wlse about hte little Jeep looks pretty good.

I also bought a 2007 wrecked for parts. It has the 3.7 v-6 motor but I understand it may not swap into the older Liberty. I am looking aaround and asking if it can be done if I have the other computer and all the other parts as well, and if not I will try to trade the 2007 motor and parts to get what I need for the 2003 to be up and running.

I hope to learn a lot about the Jeep Liberty, since i have not turned wrenches or done an engine swap for at least 10 or more years.

Either way, my son and I will learn something and have some fun.

If anyone is in the central Illinois area or just wants to offer advice, please do.

Thanks

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum bharney.

Not sure about your 07 to 03 engine swap question. I'm sure some on here will know for sure so bumping this up for the right answer.

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know he answer to your questions either, but figured I'd offer a warm welcome anyway.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone helps you out.:smokin::)

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I do not know about engine swapping, but I think I have read that it is pretty difficult for these jeeps. If you search around here, im sure youll find info on engine swapping.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

I think if your KJ has the 42RLE ******, the engine will work.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First things first - Welcome to JeepKJ.com! Great group of people here who are very willing to help you and your son make a great Jeep...

Second, the engine swap. I've been told that it is wise to stick with the model year engine to avoid issues just like you've described in your post. You can source engines from other Chrysler products like the Dodge Dakota, etc. to help you find the engine you need.

This post here in the 'stickies' in the General Forum will help I believe.

Keep us posted on your progress - and way to start 'em young in the Jeepin' world! (biggthumpup)

Bob

bharney

Reaction score
So far we have pulled both motors, moved the tone ring and cam ring to the new motor, and rmoved the bushing in the rear of crankshaft and are getting ready to reinstall motor. Will let you know how this works out.

Latest posts

Members online