New to forum. Own a 2006 Jeep kj Cherokee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave243

Reaction score
Yes they are called Cherokee here in New Zealand but you call them liberty. But same vehicle. Here they came with factory 235/65 r17 tyres. I have fitted 265/70 r17. And now the speedo is out. The laws here are strict. The vehicle along with lift kit and bigger tyres must be certified. The speedo must be calibrated for the bigger tyres. Is this possible?? The dealer here thinks not. If it is possible how do you go about it??? Any help would be great. Thanks

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they are called Cherokee here in New Zealand but you call them liberty. But same vehicle. Here they came with factory 235/65 r17 tyres. I have fitted 265/70 r17. And now the speedo is out. The laws here are strict. The vehicle along with lift kit and bigger tyres must be certified. The speedo must be calibrated for the bigger tyres. Is this possible?? The dealer here thinks not. If it is possible how do you go about it??? Any help would be great. Thanks

Here you go, Contact Stu Murchison , owner of Murchison Products.com.Au, Brendale Qld
(07)32055011
He can answer all of your questions about what you need to do. Started out many years ago with a KJ. tell him Hello
Great guy and has a ton of info

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the dealer should be able to reprogram the jeep for the larger tires using the DRBIII scan tool.

Dave243

Reaction score
Here you go, Contact Stu Murchison , owner of Murchison Products.com.Au, Brendale Qld
(07)32055011
He can answer all of your questions about what you need to do. Started out many years ago with a KJ. tell him Hello
Great guy and has a ton of info
Ok thanks for that I will try him. From what I know the DBR 111 scan tool is for 05 models and earlier. Not 06-07. But maybe wrong.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Dave, from another Dave.

Dave

dhula

Reaction score
If the dealer can't do it, have you considered something like a Speedo Healer
Only thing I don't know is if the speed sender/sensor is on the bus or not, which if it is may make it a no-go or a little more work to get right.