New subgroup???

What should the new section be called (if one is made)?

• Jeep Commander

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Jeeps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Not too long ago Bennett asked if there were anything we would like to change. At the time, I couldn't really think of anything, as could anybody else. Recently after seeing that the good folks over on LOST opened up a section for XJ's, the thought crossed my mind about us making one for the Commander. They do share the same suspension set up, as well as base engine as the KJ. And it is the new kid on the block as far as Jeeps go (and I'm sure we all remember how that was for us when the KJ first came out).

I talked to Bennett about it this evening about it and we're torn b/w naming the possible new section "Jeep Commander" or "Other Jeeps". If it were to be the latter, it could really be open to any Jeep, XJ, TJ, CJ, WJ, ZJ, WK and so on and so forth.

So what do yall think? Trying to get some feedback here.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this?

Have four folders at the top (Jeep Liberty, Other Jeeps, Market Place, Other).

Then place the other Liberty sections inside the first Jeep Liberty folder (Jeep Liberty Fourms, Jeep Liberty Media)

In the "Other Jeeps", then have one folder for each other Jeep line. We'll still remain a Liberty Forum, but include space for the other Jeeps (Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Commander, plus any new lines).

Just a thought!

Plus, I'm not so up to supporting other 4x4's myself... Stick with Jeeps only!

2003KJ

Reaction score
hmmmm....I think I get what grogie is sayin. If you could come up with some rough sketch on whatever drawing program you use for MAC maybe I could see it a bit better.

And I agree about the other 4x4's things. I don't really have a whole lot against say the older Toyotas or anything, but I think I would like to keep it Jeep related.

But good thoughts yall, keep em commin! \:D/

dnm45227

Reaction score
I say other Jeeps, but let's keep it only Jeeps. I don't want to hurt any feelings, but I have a Jeep and really don't want to read through tons of posts to keep up with relavent information.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I say Jeeps only. I would also say other Jeeps too. I have a 94 Cherokee, and will be getting a Commander sometime in the future. Grogie already has a Wrangler in addition to his KJ, so I think other Jeeps is more appropriate. Just my two cents. \:D/

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will get more participation if you specialize. It gets confusing when not only are different topics listed, but then different topics on different vehicles will literally multiply the confusion, and discourage participation.

From what I have read, the Commander is almost the same as a Grand Cherokee, but a bit longer with more seats. So I'd make it "Grand Cherokee/Commander"

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yeah..like what grogie said...

put a new section called "other jeeps"
and put forums for the rest of them..kinda like how JU has it set up

Canyonero02

Reaction score
Yeah but if the "other 4x4's" were in a diferent folder you wouldnt have to sort through abunch of topics about other vehicles. Just dont go in that section of the site.

I thnik it would be good. I wouldnt mind posting once in a while about my F350 in another folder. I think "Jeep KJ's" "Other Jeeps" and "Other 4x4's" would work well.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok... So

Other Jeeps
-Cherokee
-Compass
-Commander
-Grand Cherokee
-Wrangler

Something like that?

Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
cool suggestions!

Didn't consider making a section for "other jeeps" AND a section for "other 4x4's"....that was a good idea.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm new here but my opinion is as follows:

This is a great kj place where you don't get bashed for having ifs or something.

All Jeeps are great - some models might be better than others at certain things. It will always be this way. People buy different models for different things. All jeeps are great.

It could be kj first, and then "all other jeeps". There are other good 4x4"s out there and they have their own forums. .

Oh ya, did i mention - All jeeps are great......

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
There would be ZERO tolerance for bashing of other Jeeps.....regardless of model. Those who violate that rule would be at first warned not to do it again. If done again that particular person would be banned from the site. Period.