New Sound System coming....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont ever cut factory wires. If you've got a factory stereo, you'll use all the extras they provide. Any circuit city or best buy is going to have the right stuff, but as you said, you may have to hunt for it. Unless you can find a particularly good deal elsewhere, Crutchfield is usually pretty good for what they provide.

-Blu

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys with USB ports help me out.

I put a Sony HU in my vette with USB port. When i plug in USB devices, it *seemingly* sorts through the directories and files by modified date. It doesn't seem to do it alphabetically by folder/filename. This kills me as albums don't play in order. What's worse is i'm not sure date is the only thing used...as some of them don't seem to go by date either. One thing is for sure, it's not going by filename alphabetically, or by the ID3 tag song title/track number (since the songs don't play in alphabetical order).

I want to put a new HU in my jeep with USB port, but i don't wnat one that handles files like my Sony deck. How do yours' work?

I am very happy with my Head unit (listed in sig). It comes with software to create playlists, arrange them as you like, create playlists for different drivers, things like this. The software is a little hokke, and hard to learn, but i've finally figured it out. The Kenwood deck is very nice. worth the extra money in my opinion. ($310 retail) but i went in one day bought stereo, factory replacement speakers and subwoofer/amp. =)

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sick head unit i have that in my jeep. Ipod integration is awesome.

I decided to not use the outer plate that came with the head unit and just fit it right in the mount it turned out nice heres some pic of mine sorry for the darkness and bad pic quality.

You must be registered for see images

I ran the usb and the fast sync ipod cable to the glove box

I put my USB port under the plastic surrounding the shifter, a little sticky-backed clip inside that compartment, and blammo, hidden 4gb flash drive. (the little hiding hole for stuff you dont want the cops to see.)