New radiator with a leak???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I just noticed today a small puddle of water not anti freeze leaking from bottom left seam of my radiator that I just put in a couple of months ago. Could this just be from the cold weather or ice and snow or does it mean my new radiator is shot???? Thank you

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys I just noticed today a small puddle of water not anti freeze leaking from bottom left seam of my radiator that I just put in a couple of months ago. Could this just be from the cold weather or ice and snow or does it mean my new radiator is shot???? Thank you

Where did you get the radiator from?
Could be already , with the cheap ones not unheard of.
Buddy had 11 go bad in two years time before he went back to MOPAR
If leaking would have to be antifreeze

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought it from amazon for 110 bucks. It wasn’t one of them cheap 60 dollar ones but I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it for awhile.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i do need to replace the radiator. We’re do you suggest I buy one from?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anywhere that sells Mopar ones. There's a sticky at the top of this section for 5% off with moparwholesale...link is there.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah those aftermarket ones are total crap and will leak from the side tank seals.

Had one leak after 10mins of running.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not even mess with the stupid plastic tank style, I just went all aluminum. The all aluminum radiator for the liberty can be found on eBay.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not even mess with the stupid plastic tank style, I just went all aluminum. The all aluminum radiator for the liberty can be found on eBay.

BUT been reports of them developing pin holes as well due to bad construction

justjeeps

Reaction score
If i do need to replace the radiator. We’re do you suggest I buy one from?

Rock Auto..no hands down

I returned one on my old 03. It had had an issue with the screws that resulted in an install error. Mea culpa.. they took it back no issue and sent a second one...