New Poster with a leaking transmission...Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoppaBee68

Reaction score
So I have a 2010 KK Sport. I have a transmission leak problem. I eliminated the cooler lines from the transmission with rubber hoses. There is till a leak that seems to be coming from front of the engine, thought maybe the cooler itself. So I joined the two hoses from the transmission together to cut off flow to make sure it was the cooler. I also joined the two tubes coming out of the cooler as well to prevent the fluid from leaking out. Somehow there is still fluid spraying. How is fluid even making its way to the front of the truck if I have the lines joined? The fluid is making is way down the pour spout near the filter please help if you can...Thanks in advance!

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I'm afraid we may need more information to help you. First, do you have the dealer dipstick tool to verify that your transmission is Low? If you do check the fluid level. You'll need a temperature gun or an OBD2 reader to verify the correct amount, Google it, simple process. My thought is you may have a power steering leak, it too uses ATF, as that system is at the front of the vehicle. Since you've verified it's not the trans cooler hook it back up. It's important. Pics and current milage would be a big help.