new parts due to lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnger

Reaction score
After getting a lift I would think that it would wear down parts faster. Has anyone had experiance with this? Anyone heard anything?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course any time you change the geometry of say the front suspension its going to wear parts somewhat faster, tie rod ends, ball joints, rear ujoints, CVs are all put on more of a strain and can wear out quicker.
With that said my left side CV lasted over 170,000 miles being lifted ( at 190,000 miles) , lower ball joints have been replaced once in 207,000 miles , one tie rod end, and rear ujoints 3 times ( once due to stupid trans replacement and their screwup) , right side CV 3 times but not all due to being worn out
A lot also depends on how you treat it on and off road as well

One of the things I have seen after lifting one is the rear ujoints, they were working OK before lift worn but OK, but the angle change finished them off

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front wheel bearings seem to be a popular replacement too...

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to replace my front passenger hub assembly within the first 2k miles after the lift. Probably just a coincidence...

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the only one that I've heard of. Only reason mine failed was due to mud and grime that got trapped and ruined them

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the intermediate shaft and rear uca likes to take a dump more often as well

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me on the ones I've done it's been front sway bar or sway bar link bushings. Once they wear in stock they seem to wear different with a lift like Tommod said. I think there pretty much shot when the springs are baged out anyways. Seems like it's the dreaded clunk over a bump after doing a lift if it does clunk even if they do look good and are torked proper?