New Owner as of Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shellant

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for having me.
My 17 yr old daughter got her license Friday and for the last couple of months has been raving about getting an early 2000's Liberty.
Truth is I never knew the difference , a Jeep was a jeep.
Every weekend she was looking and reporting back.
Firstly very proud of her for not needing a brand new car and for also not expecting Mum and Dad to pay.
She saved her money and we found one and on Friday, finalized the deal and brought her Brand New 2002 Jeep Liberty. ( Low Mileage , 48000 )
I wish that I had paid for it , then I could take it off her and give her my old clunker.
What a nice car...I guess every one here already knew that.
I am sure that over the next couple of days I will have some questions and I hope you don't mind me bursting onto the scene that way.
Regards
Tony

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Plenty of other used ones out there needing a good home!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats to your daughter for (1) picking a great Jeep but also (2) saving up her money to pay for it. It shows what a fine young girl she is

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Dave

tom0826

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my story since our 2002 Libby was our daughter's first vehicle as well.

Dont know if your daughter's Libby is 4x4 but If you have the Full Time 4x4 option (NP242), please use it especially on wet streets.

Our 02 Libs did not come with traction control and has lots of hp ad torque (3.7l) for a beginner driver and a spinout can easily occur while accelerating on turns on wet streets.

This happened to my daughter when she accelerated to make a left turn from a stop. Luckily speeds were slow and no injuries but did cause some damage to the Liberty and she was definitely shaken up as it was her first accident.

It's in Full-time 4x4 now even in the slightest rain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

chanwmr

Reaction score
We got our now 19-yo daughter a 2007 Libby as well. She's been driving it full time away from home for close to a year. It still has reasonably low mileage (just over 90K now). She went from one snow country in the East Coast to another (the Rockies) so the 4X4 comes in handy. She adores that car and she says she would be very sad if something bad was to happen to it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online