New Member From Jersey!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I found out about this site through JeepForum - doesn't seem to be too much traffic in their Liberty section, so I hope I have better luck here. :)

My wife and I both own Jeeps; she has an '03 KJ Limited, and I have an '01 XJ. My wife bought her '03 brand-new in September of '02, and it has amassed a whopping 30K miles over the last 6.5 years. It has all the good stuff, like heated leather seats, moonroof, Infinity stereo. It's a great little truck and has been very good to us. I just scored a set of brand-new '06 KJ Limited 17" wheels with the Wrangler HP tires for it off Craigslist, and they improved the ride and handling quite a bit over the original (and now dry-rotted) 16" Goodyear SR-As.

Anyway, I hope I can contribute in the tech areas when needed, and learn from you all as well! I'm a long-time gearhead, and do 99% of my own wrenching. I prefer to get my hands dirty and know that it's done right, and if something gets screwed up, I have no one to blame but myself. ;) Some of my automotive highlights include - converting my Cherokee's rear drum brakes over to discs using ZJ parts, rebuilding a 355 motor for my '88 Monte Carlo SS, installing a few cat-back exhaust systems, and plenty of brake jobs, shock installs, tune-ups, and oil changes over the years!

Last edited:

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a great little truck and has been very good to us.

Kj's aren't trucks silly.

:p

Hope you find lots of good stuff here. Even for the every day mechanic, I'm sure you'll find lots of things about the KJ you might not have known.

I want to see some pics of the Monte too..

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome wishes guys! And Trey, here's a pic of my Monte, let me know what you think of it. -

You must be registered for see images attach

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good TPI, I like the small aluminum wheels, and the lowered, but not too lowered look.

A great example of a what I knew American Muscle to be (growing up in the 80s/90s) and maybe one of the last examples of affordable stock muscle.

I like it. Thanks for the shot.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the looks of your Monte Carlo TPI it is really nice to see one that has not had a lift kit put on it and big rims.

As this one has. :(

attachment.php

For that is just wrong so wrong!!!

Attachments

• MONTE.jpg
    MONTE.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 28

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys! I can't wait for the good weather so I can start cruising around in the car again; it kills me to have it set all winter!