New magnaflow added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Magnaflow SS lifetime warranty, dual outlet polished stainless tips, for less money than most places want for just the parts, a little louder than I would like but no drone and quiet at cruise.Chrome grill on order, hope I get it this week.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My invoice did not show the brand name for the tip, just indicated it was model DT538 and also had a lifetime warranty like the muffler.Had quite a few to choose from, this one floated my boat. He did have to replace the last five ft of tubing and custom bend it so the tip would be level, also included a replacement hanger that allowed it hang lower than the stock one, also necessary for the level factor.Also today this noise factor is less than yesterday, yesterday I was running around with the windows down. Doh! Send me some peroxide and make me a blonde!I will record it with digital video camera, with the back window open. I have thus far refrained from reving beyond 4000 rpm as I only have 800 miles on her.I havent paid that much attention but can you upload a video on this site ?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that tip looks great!

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a video with sound but havent figured out how to post it on this site. some expert advice would be appreciated.Thanks

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lashlarue said:
I made a video with sound but havent figured out how to post it on this site. some expert advice would be appreciated.Thanks

I think there is an FTP trick, but you'd have to ask Bennett or the other powers that be...

Alternative is YouTube or Google Video?

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lashlarue said:

You would have to have it hosted on the net, something like youtube or google video will work. I think youtube even provides you with the exact text you need to input to make the video show up here.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most ISPs (probably 98% of them) give you a small amount of webhosting space as well. For example with comcast you can just upload the files to them through ftp (upload.comcast.net) or by logging into www.comcast.net. Then you can link us all to the file.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2421080293464642764 Not too bad for my first attempt. That particular section is where I test my Vette, a bit more than halfway up that ramp is approx 1/8 of a mile. Vette does 89, I just hit 70 when I had to let off due to traffic, still 4-5 mph faster than the magazine tests on the Liberty. Next time I'll run my Tazzo which is dead on accurate with the clocks at HRP

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol - at the beginning, I was wondering what other songs it sings O:)

Nice sound when it gets moving!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
quick question..

I can't afford a new 'flow now, but I took a look at the tips only, but I can see that because of the shape of the OEM tip, there is no way I can secure any tips.
Does anyone know of an online site where I can get a tip that'll fit, and if these make any difference or just aesthetics?

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like stock at idle, at 1500 just as quiet, picks up slightly at 2000, never could find an rpm that created any drone. This is my third vehicle I went with the magnaflow , I had a single on my 98Buick GS, and put two on my 97 Cobra to replace flowmasters where the drone at cruise was giving me migraines.I don't know about prior models but on the 07 it is next to impossible to find just a tip without changing the muffler to tailpipe section and getting a new longer hanger to level out the pipe.Since the price on the tip was $85 and the pipe and labor were another $60, I thought $280 for everything with a written lifetime warranty was more than fair, especially after checking several aftermarket parts places that wanted between $350 and $450 for just the parts. A single polished SS tip would have been $40 less expensive.They had some awesome looking chrome plated single and dual tips of various shapes that the shop owner guided me away from, as he said they would discolor or peel in a couple of years. I seldom make snap judgements about people that work on my cars, but this guy was one of the most straight forward honest person I've dealt with in some time.I later found out he had done work for both my son in law and a friend who had a performance shop, next door to my son in laws engine shop.I burn my own Cds and that one has a little bit of everything on it, from the Animals to Bobby Bland, Johnny Cash, Leo Sayer, John Michael Montgomery,Elvis,Air Supply and a couple others I can't recall right now.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad you found someone to do it for that price. I was at pepboys and I noticed there are many different magnaflows, so I think there is a way to get a good price on one of them, depends on which one you get.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought their top of the line polished stainless 2.5" in , 2.5" out, almost a sin to hide it under the vehicle, it is so nice looking.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine last week. I went with a single tip. Cost was $130.00 installed. I thought it was pretty quiet too until I left this morning at 6 AM (I was mad @ Parcells and couldn't sleep anymore so I went in to fiddle with my Hella's) to test my aiming and it sounded good in the dead morning...sorry nieghbors. Wife says she can here my turn onto our street which is 7 houses in. She says it's not annoyingly loud. We have a neighbor with a hole in his 83 toyota something or other's muffler...now that's annoying...he sounds like a sick (cold, coughing sick) too fast too furious wannabe.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
chetos said:
I went with a single tip. Cost was $130.00 installed..

What exactly did you get for $130 installed?

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
chetos said:
I went with a single tip. Cost was $130.00 installed..

What exactly did you get for $130 installed?

part number 11256. Satin stainless 4x9. with a turned down stainless tip.