new lift now i hear clunk noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
opeykent said:
thats why i was hopeing somebody would have some sort of proof or history that they have contacted him with the same problem. the other lifts that have been recommended, how do they lift the front? or do they just not lift it so high.

Its both the height and the style of spacer that make an effect. Adding the spacer outside the strut assembly allows the wheel to droop too far and the upper a-arm swings right into the spring.

You don't need to new a-arms. Adding a rubber bump stop like shown below can fix the problem
You must be registered for see images attach

Read this thread for some more info
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13637&highlight=bumpstops

opeykent

Reaction score
would someone be nice enough to post a picture of a non-space lift. i would like ot look at the front shocks please. thanks. i want to see ho w the lift lifts the front without creating this same problem.
thanks
Opey

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. Side by side with a stock unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

The strut is only a slight bit longer, therefore it does upper a-arm does not droop into the springs. Longer springs are just used instead of a spacer on tthe outside.

bluegpguy

Reaction score
Similar problem from the rear...

I just put on the Rusty's spacer lift on my wife's '02 Liberty and I'm getting a clunking from the back as well. The front is great, no problems there.

So, do you guys think it is the shocks (I replaced the originals with Rusty's) or the triangulated upper suspension link bottoming out? I have a distinct clunk coming from the rear wheel wells...both sides.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your shocks for movement due to the increase play where the bolt is inserted. The Rusty's shocks have a shorter bushing and I had to put 4 washers on the top (2 on each side of the shock) to close the gap. This stopped all clunking noises coming from the rear.

bluegpguy

Reaction score
Maybe that's it...

My kit actually came with 4 thick washers for each shock, I put two on the top (one on each side) and two on the bottom (one on each side as well).

The shocks seem tight on the top and bottom now, but I'll double check to make sure.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online