KJ In Need of Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kristopher

Reaction score
I took my KJ off roading yesterday and drove through a deep pit of water a little faster than I intended. There was a big splash that may have caused water to go through the front grill. Ever since, my OBD throws me the codes: P0300, P0301, and P0303. I'm aware that these have to do with engine misfire in cylinders 1 and 3. However, the spark plugs are practically new. Perhaps it's the spark plug wires that are in need of changing considering that they are old? Any bit of information would be beyond helpful.

Thank y'all in advance for your input.

Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the engine running rough, or are you just getting a check engine light? It should be pretty obvious if you are misfiring...in which case it could be the plugs, or coil packs. If the engine is running alright but is giving you codes, it could be a sensor or something.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If water gets past the plug boots since you dont have plug wires it could cause it to short out to the cylinder head. Pull the coils and look for water. Or water got into your intake system and caused the misfire.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
And if you do have water (if it's not a lot), you can use a hairdryer or air compressor to dry them out.

Kristopher

Reaction score
is the engine running rough, or are you just getting a check engine light? It should be pretty obvious if you are misfiring...in which case it could be the plugs, or coil packs. If the engine is running alright but is giving you codes, it could be a sensor or something.
Yes, the engine has a rough idle due to a bad O2 sensor, but now it she lacks more power than before when accelerating ever since it threw me the engine misfire codes.

Kristopher

Reaction score
If water gets past the plug boots since you dont have plug wires it could cause it to short out to the cylinder head. Pull the coils and look for water. Or water got into your intake system and caused the misfire.
I'll definitely give the coils a look tomorrow then. Thanks for the tip!