New Jeep Owner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFMasterSergeant

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm considering buying a 2003 Liberty Freedom Edition. However I'm seeking your advice. I know I may get very biased responses, but you all are the Liberty experts. The Liberty in question is a 4 wheel drive 3.7L with 97000 miles. Body is in good shape, but I took it to my mechanic and he said it has a power steering leak that will require $1000 to repair the power steering. Otherwise in good shape. Seller's asking price was initially $7500, got him down to $5700. Good buy or not? Also needs a new battery, and still has original shocks and struts which may need to be replaced soon. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x4 currently are having a high resale value. Add up all the costs and add to selling price,see if that amount is reasonable.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm considering buying a 2003 Liberty Freedom Edition. However I'm seeking your advice. I know I may get very biased responses, but you all are the Liberty experts. The Liberty in question is a 4 wheel drive 3.7L with 97000 miles. Body is in good shape, but I took it to my mechanic and he said it has a power steering leak that will require $1000 to repair the power steering. Otherwise in good shape. Seller's asking price was initially $7500, got him down to $5700. Good buy or not? Also needs a new battery, and still has original shocks and struts which may need to be replaced soon. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

97,000 yes complete new springs and shocks will be needed for sure, bet its sitting lower by an inch or so now.
1000 they must be looking at replacing the R&P and everything.
Can you do any of the work yourself?
If so then you can cut that cost in half at least if not have to include that in the price
For an 03 in great / top condition its worth about 62-6500 here
Check Blue book and see what it says for your area

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been pricing them around here for the past week.
Even with the added $1k for the new R&P, with only 97k, its lower than comparable KJ around here. They don't seem to drop below $7k until they have almost 200,000 miles.
I would buy it if I were needing to replace mine.

Shocks/coils are good project to get into wrenching on your Jeep. Easy enough to do with a little guidance, but challenging enough to increase your confidence level. That was my first big project.

I think it's a good deal.......if it's black, it's a no-brainer:hat:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to host them somewhere, such as Photobucket. Then use the image link icon and just put in the URL of the image. :)