New jeep owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claudio

Reaction score
hi every one,

i'm from Chile and it's been a week since i own a jeep liberty (cherokee here) 2.8 CRD Limited, i'm like a boy with new toy, so i will make you guys my first question:

My jeep have doors lock but i don't have the option to auto close with speed, and the evic have no option for it, do i have to buy something, relay or anything to activate? i have read in posts that in the dealer they can actvate it, if this is right, why they sell it deactivated? is not easier to sell activated and i modify the configuration on the evic ?

thanks

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

If your evic doesn't have the ability to turn it on. I would just ask the dealer, they should be able to turn it on with their computer programmer. At least this is the only way to do it on my 2002, but for a '04 I thought it was in the evic, weird.

Bennett

claudio

Reaction score
Here in Chile, there are only three models an no packages:

Sport (3.7, 2.4,CRD), Limited (3.7,CRD) and Renegade (3.7), and the CRD limited is not like the 3.7 Limited, the 3.7 has leather seats, tinted windows, sunroof and in the CRD no leather, no sunroof :-(, no tinted windows

and is not liberty is cherokee like in europe, and the back is diferent from yours, licence plate is on spare wheel with an excelent rigid cover i'll post a pictures tomorrow

so i think there are other diferences i can't see now but with the time i will see.

my next steps:
- Security System
- change factory radio
- bluetooth
- hella
- thule crossbars
- and when warranty is over, 2.5 LIFT

thanks for the answers, next week i'll go to the dealer to ask for the autolocks

2003KJ

Reaction score
Sounds very similar to the options here in the states.

I have a 3.7 sport and if i recall correctly, i think there is a way to change it w/o the evic, i'll have to look in the morning.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its great to hear from people all over the world that own a liberty/cherokee. Welcome to the boards! Hope you love your new liberty, i'm kinda jealous of the CRD owners. I almost wish I would have gotten one myself.

zorrito

Reaction score
Hola Claudio, yo tambien tengo una Liberty, fui a Parque Automotriz la Dehesa y me programaron el Jeep para que cuando pase los 20 K/H se bajen los seguros, y tambien me programaron que al cerrar el auto con la alarma sonara la bocina... saludos! y suerte!!!

Chau

Zorrito O:)

andrea70

Reaction score
the auto-lock programming is only possible with ODBIII (dealer's tool)

Members online

No members online now.