New jack needed, advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely shredded the threads of my stock jack after using it over and over and not regreasing it. I have a non-lifted 2004. I have looked at other scissor jacks, bottle jacks, racing jacks, etc. I am looking for enough clearance to get 16" height jack stands under the frame.

Recommended brands/models for durability, portability, and price?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you're looking for a floor jack, I'd recommend this one:
4 ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

I use with my WK, KJ and LR3 and it has plenty of lift, beyond most others. It's why I got it. Had a 3 ton Craftsman one too, worked fine but the lifting range felt pretty limited.

For keeping one in the KJ, a bottle jack would do. But for doing real work I'd get a floor jack.

brokendad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uplifted

First I would call a couple of nearby salvage yards for a replacement factory jack for the Liberty.
Home Depot sells a Maasdam brand floor jack, it's a 3ton jack that has a higher lift than most and though it's not pro quality it is more than enough to do the job. And it does not have a pro price either.

Last edited:

bassmanbob

Reaction score