New Here thinking of getting a JK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoVols88

Reaction score
New Here thinking of getting a KJ

Hi everyone I'm new here my name is Mike and I live in MS sorry if this has already been posted or if this is the right place to post this but I'm contemplating getting an 06 KJ CRD and was needing some help on making my decision. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated .

Now I've done some research and I know about the timing belt needing to be changed at 100K and about the torque converter problem (I think it was pre 06 models but not sure) now i was wondering if there are anymore problems I need to be aware of.

I was also thinking of some mods if I did decide to pull the trigger

1) Suspension Lift
2) 33x10.50r15 TSL's
3) turbo upgrade and tune from GDE
4) some gears maybe 3.73's?
5) ARB front bumper
6) Waren winch
7) Front, Rear Air Lockers
8)Replace fan clutch with electric Fan

I'm not sure what kind of lift to get or if there is even a lift that is produced anymore that would fit 33's I've seen some where about a JBA 4" that would fit 33's with a little cutting (which I don't mind as long as I don't have to go mad butcher on it to keep the 33's from rubbing) also not sure if I could fit the ARB bumper if I had to cut to keep from tires rubbing.

Now about the performance mod, I was thinking of getting somewhere around 215hp, 400ft-lbs. now could the drivetrain even handle this kind of power? If not what would need to be changed out? Axel shafts?, transfer case?, Transmission?, spline upgrade?, u joints?, etc, just wonderin how it would all handle the power increase.

Thanks guys sorry for the long post thanks for the help.

Last edited: